“We gotta get out of this place” was another filler episode- very light with a few funny moments now and then. Most of the doctors didn’t do much of doctoring, mostly transitioning from one place to another around the hospital. Those who were lucky enough got the chance to scrub in on a rare and fancy surgery.
In the meantime Dr. Robbins flashed her smile in a few rather insignificant scenes while Dr. Torres was fighting Derek on the brain sensors. Callie was mostly angry and pissed but at the end she managed to get what she wanted- which means she and Derek can continue working on their mutual project.
There was one funny scene though- Cristina was picking a woman for Owen and asked Callie and Arizona what they think about one of her choice. The scene showed that Callie is still edgy and jealous when Arizona speaks her mind regarding the looks of some other women. But the woman is still entitled to an opinion after all. It doesn’t mean she will go down the cheating road again.
Meanwhile in the hospital:
• Dr. Webber celebrated his birthday with a surprise party organised by the other doctors, a tempting job offer from chief Hunt and scrubbed in on once in a lifetime surgery;
• The sassy character of Mama Avery paid a visit to the hospital and overwhelmed crazy April with a bunch of legal documents;
• Meredith’s research project is back on the playground;
• Cristina started a screening process not only for heart patients but also for single ladies suitable for her ex- husband;
• Bailey and Murphy got extremely excited over the patient who absorbed his own twin brother;
• Jo finally signed the declaration paper so that she and Alex can express their love in public;