Recommended drink: any
Rule #1. You drink when they drink!
• Take one drink whenever a character is shown drinking any type of beverage.
(including, but not limited to: coffee, hot tea, tequila, beer, wine, chocolate milk)
• Take two drinks if a beverage is verbally referenced.
(i.e. Mocha Latte, tequila, microbrews, triple shot espresso, single malt scotch)
Rule #2. Visual Cues = Two Drinks
Take two drinks any time one of the following items appears on screen:
• The Space Needle
• Seattle Magazine
• The MRI machine
• Meredith’s Dartmouth T-shirt
• Derek’s steamboat surgical cap
• Derek’s Sidekick mobile phone.
• The over-used Port of Seattle fly over shot of the orange gantry cranes on Harbor Island
• The Catwalk (the big bridge in the main lobby of Seattle Grace)
Rule #3. Audio Cues = One drink.
Take one drink when a character is called by a nickname.
(i.e. McDreamy, The Nazi, 007, Dr. Model, Dr. Evil Spawn, Cricket, Shep…the only exclusion is Izzy)
Take one drink when you hear the following sound effects:
• Pager Beeps
• The Elevator *Bing
• Telephone rings
Take one drink when you hear the following words or phrases in character dialogue:
• The Game
• The Syph or Syphilis
• Code (Code anything, including ‘Code Team’ and ‘call a code’)
• What are you doing? (And its variations: What are you doing here? What are we doing? What do you think you’re doing?)
Rule #4: Actions = Chug
Chug your drink when:
• There is a conversation in a bathroom.
• Alex cries.
• Izzy bakes.
• Arizona drinks with a straw
• The interns take bets.
• Someone holds a coffee cup
• Cristina rides her motorcycle.
• Meredith is in Derek’s car.
• The interns fight over patients.
Rule #5: Icing on the Cupcake = ONLY for those of you who could seriously drink Meredith under the table. Seriously.
• Take one drink any time a character appears on screen partially nude.
• Take two drinks any time two partially nude characters appear in a scene together.